- Delicious, protein-rich, Deboned Chicken
- Sweet potatoes that provide healthy complex carbohydrates
- Cranberries, Blueberries, and carrots that support antioxidant enrichment
- NO grains or glutens
- NO chicken (or poultry) by-product meals
- NO artificial preservatives and NO corn, wheat, or soy
- Our natural Blue Wilderness is holistically formulated to support the needs of indoor cats. It starts with the carefully balanced calories in our ingredients to help them maintain healthy body weight.
- Specifically tailored to help indoor cats maintain a healthy weight and proper digestion.
- A high-protein meal featuring real chicken—helping to satisfy your kitty’s natural craving for meat.
- Encourages the development of lean and strong muscle mass.
- Includes LifeSource Bits—a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to support a healthy immune system.
- Grain-free and made without the use of corn, soy, wheat, meat by-products, or artificial flavors.
Purchase from Chewy or Amazon
- PACKED WITH REAL CHICKEN: Made to feed your feline’s wild side, this high protein cat food is packed with more of the chicken cats crave to help build and maintain lean muscle mass
- GRAIN FREE INDOOR CAT FOOD: BLUE Wilderness grain free indoor cat food is specially formulated to help meet the unique needs of indoor cats to support healthy weight and healthy digestion without the grains that contain gluten
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance
- NATURAL CAT FOOD: BLUE dry cat food features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals It never contains chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors, or preservatives
- Contains one (1) 5-lb bag of BLUE Wilderness High Protein, Natural Adult Indoor Dry Cat Food, Chicken
- Relatively low carbohydrate content compared to other dry foods
- Cats like the flavor
- No by-products or vaguely-named meals
- Contains concentrated plant protein
- Excessive carbohydrate content for carnivores
- Dry food can never provide adequate hydration
- FDA recently announced Blue Buffalo brands to be among those with links to canine heart disease. You can read more on the FDA’s website here.
Additional Video Review:
About Blue Buffalo
Bill Bishop founded Blue Buffalo in 2002 after a long career in advertising and consumer products. Bishop is behind big brand names such as Tropicana, Perrier, Nabisco, and American Express and for decades after graduating from Ohio Wesleyan University in 1961, Bishop was fully involved in advertising. Blue Buffalo was named after Bishop’s 9-year-old Airedale terrier, Blue. The company recently sold to General Mills for $8 B.
- Protein: 40% min
- Fat: 18.0% min
- Crude Fiber: 4.0% max
- Moisture: 9.0% max
- Ash: n/a
- Calories: 443 calories per cup
|5 – 7 Lbs||1/4-1/2|
|10 – 14 LBS||1/2-3/4|
Start by mixing 25% of BLUE with your cat’s old food, and gradually increase the proportion of BLUE over the next 14 days
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Pea Protein, Peas, Tapioca Starch, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Dried Egg Product, Menhaden Fish Meal (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Flaxseed (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Powdered Cellulose, Natural Flavor, Pea Fiber, Dicalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Direct Dehydrated Alfalfa Pellets, Potatoes, Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Vegetable Juice for color, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Parsley, Turmeric, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Copper Amino Acid Chelate, L-Carnitine, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), L-Lysine, Biotin (Vitamin B7), Vitamin A Supplement, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Dried Yeast, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Oil of Rosemary.
3,671 kcal/kg, 410 kcal/cup